Sunday, December 10, 2006

What Did You Do This Weekend?

I spent the majority of this weekend with my better half. He was off work, so we actually go to spend time together.

Saturday morning we did some Christmas shopping. We got a really cool toy for our newest nephew, Hayden, who lives in Kentucky. We hope he doesn't already have this one. We also got another cool toy for a 1 year old boy that we will donate through our church who supports The Lighthouse. There was a year or two that we weren't able to participate as a Secret Santa, so we are delighted that we are able to do so this year. There were some other odds and ends and much needed items in our cart as well. Luckily, we already shopped for the other nieces and nephews earlier in the week.

Pretty much the rest of the day on Saturday we spent doing some construction at the home of one of his coworkers. She is a divorced mother of 3 boys. We did some grout work, some spackling, and Keith is working on replacing a few door jams. He is so handy! She made us a spectacular dinner of chicken and rice. It was very yummy! It seemed like a long day for us, but it was well worth it to help this family out. There are still some things left to do that Keith will work on in the week to come. Hopefully he'll have it all done in time for the holiday.

Today I left Keith home to watch the football game on tv while I went to a baby shower. It was a delightful time. The guests were all interesting and inviting. There were plenty of really cutsie outfits for baby Emma... and a really proud big brother showing them all off. What an exciting time. I'm so glad that I was invited to be part of it. Thanks Amy.

So here I sit... Keith is still watching football. How much longer? Ugh. I did make us dinner, which we both enjoyed. More chicken and rice, but it's what I had planned to make before I knew that we were having it again tomorrow. We had salad too. I think I will put some thought into my To-Do list for tomorrow and then snuggle into the couch with Keith and enjoy his company for the remainder of the evening.

G'night all.

No comments: