Wednesday, November 28, 2007

I've Got Mail!!!

First... thank you Monica and Carrie for hosting the "Cozy Sister Swap." I was blessed to be matched with an international participant, Lizzie. We have had such a grand time getting to know one another. Funny thing, it is already tomorrow where she lives. I think of this each time I write or chat with her.

Lizzie spoiled me rotten! The pretty purple box arrived overflowing with all sorts of lovely goodies. (I took pictures but cannot upload them at the moment. Should have those up tomorrow - so please check back!) She wrapped everything very festive-like with cutsie tags. I was like a child digging through the loot and gasping with shrills of excitement. What was in the box you might ask?

  • Humorous Christmas Cards - just in time
  • A stuffed animal holding the Australian flag - cute and cuddley
  • Collectors Edition of Handmade Country Christmas Crafts (book/magazine) - I'm going to have to cancel all my weekend plans because I'm going to have my nose in this book of awesome crafty ideas
  • Kit-Kat... didn't last long. :)
  • Angel ornament holding a tiny kitty - so precious and thoughtful
  • Festive holiday paper - for Christmas time correspondence
  • PINK stationary with envelopes - How did she know?
  • Holiday cookie cutters - for this weekend's plans
  • A calendar (for work) Scenic South Australia - to confirm that I want to visit there someday
  • A calendar (for home) Psalms - a heartfelt choics
  • A sandal magnet to remind me that summer is coming again soon
  • An assortment of herbal and fruity teas - Yummy and relaxing
  • Recipes... also yummy
  • Vegemite - Hmm... it's edible and I'm going to try it, but need more instruction first.

Lizzie is quite resourceful. My first impression was that she is ultra-organized. When you log onto her blog, you will find that to be true. I want to personally recommend that you check out her Home Management Binder Tour. I LOVE IT!!! I think that everyone should have one. I think that to write out the organization of ones household is a huge step in conquering that task. I'm so impressed that she recently incorporated significant snippets of Proverbs 31 within the binder. How cool is that!!!! She is a lovely woman and has a lot to offer in many areas of life.

THANK YOU LIZZIE!!!! I LOVE MY BOX OF GOODIES!!!! IT'S ALL VERY COZY!

4 comments:

*carrie* said...

Jenny,

Loved reading about your goodies--I'll have to check back for pix. So glad you joined the swap!

Karen said...

Oh you goose - that's a THONG (as in, flip-flops, not the other type!)...also known as The National Shoe Of Australia, LOL, not a sandal!

Plus, I'm blushing. Seriously. I'm almost tempted to take pictures of my house as it stands now because I can tell you with the study commitments I have this week, precious little (and I mean that in all seriousness) has been done. I made Hubs go get Hungry Jacks (Burger King) last night, LOL.

So I know everyone already did the whole Mr Linky thing but do you think Carrie would let us take over her blog for a post where she'd post both of our links to our box contents posts so that the other participants can take a look-see? I feel like we kind of missed out on that one. Nobody will go into the archives to retrieve the original Mr Linky swap post if we sign that one. What do you think?

P.S. I'm planning on taking photos/writing up Jenny's parcel to me on the weekend. Brain cells are needed elsewhere today and tomorrow, LOL.

Cheers,
Lizzie

Wendy said...

I can honestly say I am quite jealous. # 1 I like to get mail. #2 I like to get surprises. #3 I am acting very childish. Your box sounded like so much fun...have a cup of tea for me!

Jthemilker said...

Well Wendy... when you get here, you can try some Vegemite too! I will share! :)