Tuesday, October 05, 2010

Tuesdays With Jen – My Memoirs

P1010570

 

This week marks the 10th anniversary of the loss of my good friend Ed.  Throughout my early 20’s I spent many a night helping him milk his cows.  He often spoke fondly of my grandfather and told stories about him that I hold dear to my heart.  We ate ice cream almost daily.  I would often come prepared to tell a joke, the punch line of which he would repeat for hours thereafter followed by a jolly good laugh.  He would laugh so hard that I couldn’t understand what he was saying.  Then I would laugh because he was laughing and he’d laugh harder thinking that I was laughing at what he was trying to say and it would go on until we were both in stitches.  I so enjoyed my time with Ed.  He was an honest soul, a man of little glamour except for his heart of gold.  He was humble, hard-working, and a kindred friend.  I will cherish so many memories of him until we meet again in Heaven.  

No comments: