Saturday, April 29, 2006

Saturday's Snippets

Today was full of work and play... and these are stippets about our day!



Keith spent loads of time making piles of brush in front of our house. He chopped down one giant bush out front and dug out at least one of the root bases of the 3 bushes that USED to be out front under our living room window. He filled the hole in with soil and leveled it out. Only 2 more bushes to remove and that will be done. He also trimmed the flowering pear tree. Now it looks like a tree instead of a bush! It's wonderful. We might eventually remove it and plant a smaller variety of tree there, but that's down the road a while I think.




While Keith labored outside... making GIANT PILES of brush that need bound before the garbage man will take them. (We thought about taking them to Mom and Dad's to burn, but we don't want to add fuel to Mom's fire. :) Anyway... I did the weeks dishes. I don't always wash the dishes weekly. Sometimes it's even less!!! Ha Ha - just kidding! I try to keeep up with them as best I can, but this week was not one of those weeks. Needless to say, it is a good feeling to catch up. I can actually use the sink now... for something other than storing dirty dishes! Ahhhh... sigh of relief.



Then there was dinner. I considered making a roast, but that takes several hours and we had other aspirations for the day. So, I made fish. Yes fish. I don't like fish. My motto: "You shouldn't eat anything that smells bad." And I think that fish smells bad. (and so do bananas - and they are mushy too - YUK) Anyway sometimes I make Gorton's fish for Keith. He likes it. Marriage comes with some sacrifices... I wish he'd sacrifice fish... but oh well.



Today was also the weekly "Laundry Day." In our Kentucky house, the laundry room was IN THE BEDROOM. That was the best. Here it is in the basement - UGH. So every Saturday when I get up, I gather the laundry. Keith hauls it down to the basement... and thus "Laundry Day" begins. I also try to help Mom & Dad with their laundry. I love the smell of freshly cleaned clothes. Perhaps I will soon have a line to hang them out? Hmm... none of my neighbors do that. I wonder if that's ok? Anyway... I washed clothes pretty much all day and I am still washing them. Keith needed particular clothes for work tomorrow, so I'm doing those now.



What a more grand way to end the day than to go fishing? If Keith would have had his way, we would have started the day this way and done nothing but fishing... but I had more substantial goals for things here at the house. Anyway... after dinner we were off to Glade Run. The fish were NOT biting tonight. We could see them jumping, but none seemed to take our bait. We tried a number of different lures and also some night crawlers... no luck! Oh well. It was nice to just get outside, enjoy the sun and the spring breeze. The trees around the lake are sprouting their spring buds. Some have a red tint to them and others are green. The reflection of the sunset on the water was really beautiful tonight. It was an almost perfect evening... if only the fish would bite!!! I think those fish are over-fed by all the fishermen. Hmmm... I hope in the weeks to come that we can go to some other places to fish. I especially like Lake Wilhelm. The last time we were there we saw a turtle laying eggs! It was so cool!


Well, the day was good but is coming to a close very quickly. It has been enjoyable on many fronts. Now we must rest and prepare our hearts for worship in the morning. We are going to be attending another church close to our home this weekend. Keith has to work in the afternoon, so rather than skip church in Butler, we will attend a local service. That should be interesting.

2 comments:

Jane said...

HI J!
Sounds like a lovely day!
You are not permitted to hang clothes outside. I believe you can be fined. I remember a lady hanging her clothes on one of those pole thingys and she was told about it. I don't know whether they fined her or just warned her. She put the pole thingy up in the garage after that.

Jthemilker said...

Ah ha... I was wondering why nobody was taking advantage of the beautiful breeze! Oh well.