Need I say more?
Wednesday, January 31, 2007
Thursday, January 25, 2007
I think today's winter weather is about as wintery as it has been all year. Snow is about a couple inches deep. Salt trucks are out. The car gets all yucky. I'm so blessed to have a garage and that Keith lets me park in it all the time. It's also a plus to have a parking garage at work; however today I had to park on the roof. Why? Because when it snows all the people that usually don't park in there... DO! It's annoying!
Well folks, the day is pressing on. I need some time for my devotions. It's almost bed time. Funny... the house is so entirely quiet when Keith is not home. Night.
Monday, January 22, 2007
I would encourage everyone to look into this information regularly, and especially if you have children. Increased awareness is the first step in protecting yourself and others.
Thursday, January 18, 2007
- Good food prepared by Rob. We were even treated to a fancy dinner with fine china and wine one night. We really appreciated the meals.
- Mini-golf and arcade games at Boomers. We traded our $20 worth of winnings in for a cheesey keychain souvenier and a tiny princess notebook.
- Trip to downtown Palm Springs... See's Candy - a sinful delight... chocolates!!! Coffee at Starbucks and browsing through an art store.
- Visiting our nephew's grave - Robert Louis Hubler would have been three years old this year.
- Wine Tasting and buying and Chocolate beer at The Yard House
- Board games and movies
- Driving a BRAND NEW Dodge Charger - SAWEET!!! It only had 5 miles on it when we picked it up!
It was too chilly to swim, but I sat by the pool in the sun regardless, just so I can say that I sat by the pool. They also have a hot tub. NICE!
Tammy and their dog. Angel is very well behaved and rather spoiled. We enjoyed her too. We fed her doggy biscuits and fussed over her plenty. She would curl up on the couch beside us in the evening and play doggy games when antagonized by Keith.
Wednesday, January 10, 2007
It looks like the weather is following suit for winter. The snow is falling very peacefully outside. I just wonder how this will affect the confused vegetation.
Well... here goes another day... I best get it started. Have a good one!
Tuesday, January 09, 2007
Monday, January 08, 2007
Sunday, January 07, 2007
So today I'm feeling better than I have felt for a whole week. I'm still a little clogged and I have a cough, but I finally feel like the medicine is starting to work. (after almost 6 days of treatment)
So what will this new year bring? What are my aspirations? I like to keep it simple. Here are the top items, in no particular order:
1) Spiritual Dedication - More listening in my prayers instead of asking so much. More digging in the Word and applying it and not so much just reading over it. More involvement at church. We have been faithful attendees, but need to join in on some activities to get to know some more people a little better.
2) Health Related - Back on the "Kick The Pig" journal. Watch my cholesterol and such. Get moving! The goal is not so much to lose weight, but just eat healthier and move more.
3) Budget - Budget - Budget - We did a preliminary budget the other night and realize that we are wasting A LOT! Unless I made a serious miscalculation or mistake... we are wasting! I have prayed consistently for the means to give more generously as my heart desires... and now I see that maybe all along I could be doing that if I only stuck to the budget. So - we are off to a good start with a fresh budget. We are eager to reap the benefits.
So hats off to another year of blessings.
Saturday, January 06, 2007
The week was full of excitement with the Blairs... Congratulations are in order! We have a new niece - Annabelle Louise. See Mom's blog for more lovely pictures. We haven't been able to meet her yet due to the germs that we are unwilling to share. Hopefully I'll be better soon so I can hold her. Rumor has it that her big sister is the proudest of all! What a precious blessing!
In other news, Dad finally retired. After I don't know how many years of hard work, he's finally able to hang the old hat. Well, he keeps a collection of other hats for every day wear. Many thanks to my dad for all those years of supporting the family and making sure we had everything we needed. My most vivid memory of his work was when we were able to go on his trucking runs with him. I didn't always stay awake for the entire trip, but I had a good time riding in the big truck. Maybe that's why I've always wanted to be a dump truck driver? I hope that he is able to get healthier and enjoy life for years to come.
This week is the Pennsylvania State Farm Show. Oh how I wish I could go. There is so much to see there. I have been watching snipits of it on the PCN (cable) this morning. I saw the high school rodeo and even recognized some kids that are locals. I would be most interested in seeing the tractor square dance, which is scheduled for Friday. I hope they have it on cable. Neat! When I was in high school we went there for annual FFA field trips. There is a state FFA convention during the same week. Also the state Dairy Princess has a part in some of the celebrations at the Show. There is a giant butter sculpture that is always an eye catcher. Here is a picture of the 2006 sculpture.
So maybe I'll be able to go in years to come? Who knows? I don't know if Keith would enjoy it like I would, but one day I will go visit the State Farm Show again. For now, I'm enjoying it via cable. That shall suffice.
Thursday, January 04, 2007
Ugliest - Filthy Pig
Prettiest - Topiary