Saturday, April 01, 2006

Today has proved to be only moderately productive. I think we had higher expectations at the start. This damp spring weather brings with it achiness all over. We've gotta snap out of it!

We did a lot of laundry today. Keith was ironing - YES ironing! Ha ha - the military did teach him something useful. I washed the dishes and tried out the new garbage disposal. It works! YIPPIE! The rest of the day was full of this and that and at times being rather lazy. I hate that.

For now... I'm preparing some dinner for Keith. Fish sticks - YUCK! Despite my motto "You shouldn't eat anything that smells bad." He likes them - so I suck it up and make him some fish every now and then. I think I'll just have veggies tonight. :)

Mom - you know that sheepskin you gave me? I brought it up to the living room this afternoon. Wizzy investigated and actually went into the bag and was pulling it out. So I layed it on the floor and he immediately claimed it. I'm not sure if this is good or not. He "kneads" it and then sprawls out on it and takes a bath. I think he might be bathing it too? Not sure??? Funny stuff. I guess I should be finishing the film on this, huh?

Tonight I think I'll help Rene'e milk cows over at the Mock farm. I enjoy the cows and it reminds me of old times. Dave doesn't name his cows like Ed used to. He calls them all by number. Well, all but a couple. There's an old one named "Grandma" and a fat one "Tubby" - well she just died. Anyway, my favorite is Number 57. I have named her "Heinz." Do you get it? Cause nobody else got it for like a day or so. Ha ha ha.

I guess that is about all for now. Have a great evening everyone. Enjoy!




2 comments:

Jemit said...

HEINZ 57? of course! Perfect name. I think the cows SHOULD have names.. remember Honda and Suzuki and of course Lucy? Maybe I shouldn't have brought up Lucy..
Sorry. I hope you aren't crying.
Hey! We had fish tonite too..
Tilapia. Pretty good. I'm learning to eat it- it doesn't smell bad, JJ..
I'm glad Wiz likes the sheepskin too. Gramma would have liked Wiz.

Wendy said...

I just bought some Talapia too...there was a recipe on the package I thought I would try...we'll see. That is neat that Keith is so handy...I would love a garbage disposal, or even a dishwasher. What is your next project on the house? We just painted our living room. By the way the kids LOVED their packages you sent. I meant to have them call that night, but somehow it slipped my mind. The jump ropes were an enormous hit. Isaac has been using them in gym class, so he was excited to have his own...Esther is pretty good for just starting, but most of the time she uses it to string up dolls and stuffed animals...(she has a tying problem...any string she can get her hands on, shoe laces, toys on strings, gets tied into knots, or strung up on the knobs of her dresser or bed knobs...it is really quite bothersome to me.) At any rate they LOVED getting their own packages!!! Thanks so much guys!