Monday, May 22, 2006

And The Answer Is... To Buy

We have assessed the amount of monies we will have to put into the truck to have it up and running in good shape... compared to the fact that we are going to buy a new car soon anyway. The consensus is clear... we are going to get a new car.

Anyone wanting to buy a 97 Blazer for cheap? $1000 takes it as is. Otherwise, it will be traded in... probably later this week. For what you may ask?

Hmm... some days I have thought maybe I should get a cart to go with the horse. Everyone's looking for the fuel efficient model these days. However, it is a long trot from Wilmore, Kentucky. Hmmm... let's see... if I drove her 25 miles per day for 17 days... I'd be almost home! Considering the fact that she has never actually been driven, the trip could end in disaster far before I could even get started. Bad idea I guess.

We are looking at a Toyota. We are considering either a Corolla or a Yaris, and we are pretty sure we may get a NEW one. There is little difference between the models. Yaris just came out as a 2007 model. They are just a tiny bit smaller than the Corolla, a little better on mileage, and a smidgen bit sportier. The problem is that there are very few to be found as of yet. Everyone seems to have Corolla's, but we are looking for some particulars. I suppose we should shop around some more. My boss has graciously given me some good pointers on negotiating the price and actually volunteered to go with me if I'd like. What a great boss!

So here we go... into yet another chapter of life... the one where we actually buy a NEW car!!! YIPPIE!!! We are pre-approved and already have a tentative quote on the new rate from the insurance company. Stay tuned... I'll be spilling the beans on our new find... as soon as we find it. Duh.

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Wow! It is so cool that you are going to buy a new car! I hope that you can find one at a good price! Cory really needs a better car too...all in time.