Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Happy Birthday Old Man



Today would be Keith's birthday... Happy Birthday Keith!

Things he wanted for his birthday:
  • An Ugly Stick: Not hard to acquire. There are lots of them in the back yard! (Oh he meant a fishing pole... silly me. Hmmm... I suppose that calls for a trip to Walmart?) I figure that I will let him pick it out.
  • A French Press: I gave him a big kiss today and said "Does that count as a "french press?" (Oh he meant that thingy that coffee snobs use instead of a coffee pot... silly me.) He has some birthday money from loved ones afar that he has set aside for such a contraption. Again... something he will pick out for himself.

Other things he actually got:

  • A birthday kiss. It still counts even though he was still sleeping. He was actually too groggy to respond regarding the "French Press" question. I was proud to have thought of it though!
  • Basket of Goodies: Thanks Dad & Rachel! He was very surprised and called me immediately to report his delight. It has fruit and cookies, and chocolate covered pretzels (a favorite of his) and some other chocolates, and pretzels with dip. I might also add that Wizard has proudly claimed the large piece of celophane that the basket was wrapped in. I like that... a dual purpose gift! Good thinking!
  • A yummy chocolate birthday cake from Roberts Bakery. Amanda and I picked it up. (We were doing some girly things together because she's getting married on Friday.) We delivered the cake to his work to share with his friends there. I think he appreciated this. Amanda and I got a fuffy drink and chatted with him during his break. He also got another french press... geez how many does he need?!
  • Some cards, some phone calls, and some money... as stated above... he's got plans to pick out his real french press in the near future.

Happy Birthday Keith... Don't worry, you've got a long ways to go before you catch up to my Mom's forrest fire style birthday!

2 comments:

Jemit said...

NOW, IF KEITH NEEDS SOME LESSONS ON STARTING FIRES, I HAVE GREAT SKILL HERE...... HEHEHE

Wendy said...

Happy Birthday Keith...Belatedly as usual. I hope you get your French Press...I am not sure what that really is! You will have to wait for your present like everyone else in the fam...ugh! Hope your day was Fantabulous!