Sunday, June 25, 2006

Log Cabin Day

Keeping up with my Mom's posting about Log Cabin Day, here are some pictures from our Summer 2005 excursion to visit Abraham Lincoln's homestead. My friend Jill and her two girls, Joelle and Jordan, stayed with us for about a week last summer. During the visit, we tried to soak up some of the area's history making their visit "educational."

Joelle scopes out the old cabins.

This is Jordan, modeling one of the neat bedroom arrangements in one of the cabin displays at Old Fort Harrod State Park. Kentucky is ripe with history from the Civil War era. While living there, I finally realized WHY Keith is such a history buff and why he is so infactuated with the Civil War. He grew up surrounded by it!

2 comments:

Jemit said...

FABULOUS POST , JJ!! WISH I'D THOUGHT TO POST SOMETHING LIKE THAT.. BUT THEN, I NEVER VISITED THE LINCOLN HOME.. GLAD YOU DID.

Anonymous said...

But where's the syrup????????