Thursday, June 15, 2006

This Weeks Brew Long Overdue


This weeks blend of the week is Sulawesi. The coffee originates in Indonesia. Its combination of earthy, spicy, and floral aromas tempt and tease the taste buds. I would suggest pairing fresh fruit such as apples and pears because of its low acidity. For one to fully embrace this coffee, and to further recognize the extremely subtle cinnamon after-taste, I would recommend a slice of buttered cinnamon raisin toast or cinnamon scone. Bright and slightly heavy on the tongue, this coffee is a pleasure to consume as a dessert coffee. Imagine this with a scrumptuous piece of carmel apple pie.... Oooooo Ahhhhhhh (Comments by Keith)
Personally, I am having it with chocolate caramel flavored creamer and it is Mmm Mmm good - even for breakfast! (Keith's job requires him to taste his black.... Unaltered and untainted.) There is absolutely NO bitterness to this coffee, which means I like it A LOT... and he is so right about having it as a dessert coffee. This one definitely gets the "Thumbs Up" from Jenny V.
Anyone wishing to sample this blend may find it at your local Starbucks establishment, at Giant Eagle, online, or at our house THIS WEEK.
p.s. I'm not too sure what's up with the picture... what the heck is that? A monkey? Hmmm...

5 comments:

Wendy said...

The word bold scares me away...but I am tempted to try it due to Keiths description...sounds really yummy!

Jemit said...

hey.. save me a sample..

Jthemilker said...

"Bold" means flavor, not strength... something I recently learned myself.

Jemit said...

THANKS FOR THE SAMPLE.. I TRIED IT. I HAVE TO ADMIT I WASN'T REAL IMPRESSED AT FIRST, BUT WARMED UP LATER IT WAS MELLOW.. AND I KIND OF LIKED IT.

Jthemilker said...

I think sometimes you need to have it WITH something. So if Keith says it pairs well with carmel or chocolate, get yourself a snickers bar, take a bite, chew a little, and then sip the coffee before you swallow... it's a whole different world then.