Monday, July 03, 2006

Family Ties


This last week was a whirl of excitement. The Valentine's came for a summer visit and stayed with us. We were delighted to host our 2nd set of guests since we moved here. No, things aren't quite up to par with the home, but thankfully we are quite a bit further along than when our first guests arrived. The spare room is now primed, but not painted. It's rather empty aside from a closet full of tools, paint, etc.

The kids were delightful. Isaac is a silly boy. He likes to joke and it's fun. He seems to like wrestling with his siblings, and told me all about his new Starwars figures. I love his blonde hair.

Upon arrival Essie excitedly asked "Aunt J.J. may I please see your titty?" Surprised I said "My what?!" "Your titty. May I please see your titty?" As she pointed up the stairway. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... relieved I realized that she really only wanted to see my KITTY. She's so precious.

Gayle was rather quiet at first, but warmed up fast. She too was infactuated with the kitties. We did go shopping one day and I pushed her in a cart while Wendy pushed the other two. Gayle repeatedly referred to me at "Gramma." I corrected her a number of times "I'm not Gramma, I'm Aunt J.J." She would repeat "J.J." and a moment later I was Gramma again. Oh well... I know Gramma is very important, so maybe I am too?

They were delightful guests. At one point I went upstairs, glanced into my bedroom and saw three little ones flat on the floor gazing under the bed with hopes that the kitties would come out to play. Wizzy behaved acceptably. Crystal stayed confined to her hiding place... inside the box springs of our bed. She came out to greet me after everyone was asleep. She is very shy.

4 comments:

Jane said...

Funny thing... I kept getting called, Aunt JJ!

Jthemilker said...

GRAND... What a ham she is!

Jemit said...

Gayle is such a hoot. She does call me Gamma. She gets a little confused with so many new people/faces to get reacquainted with..
I liked my story of riding in the car with her and showing her pictures .. everyone had a name and she tried to say all of them but for my friend Rick.. he remains "Boy"..hehehe

Wendy said...

We had a fabulous time staying with you guys! You have done quite a bit with the house and it is looking great! The kiddos had a great time too...they loved the cats!!!