Saturday, August 19, 2006


OUCH
Today it has been officially one week since I fell and skinned my knee. Honestly, I cannot remember ever having such a scrape take so long to heal! Being that it is located right under my knee cap, it is subject to constant movement. It hurt to bend it, it hurt to keep it straight. It hurt to look at it and it hurt to not! It hurts to keep a bandage on it and it hurts to leave it air out!!! UGH!!!! It is interrupting my sleep and keeping me from cuddling with my hubby! I have been really wimpy about this wound. It has been exceptionally painful. I'm sure that Keith is ready to choke me or drug me or something!!!! The odd thing is that it has been burning constantly... as if I had poured acid on it or something???!!! Odd. I've been doctoring it up with Neosporin with Pain Relief, but it hasn't been relieving any pain. I've been taking Tylenol too. Yesterday I started treating it with Solarcaine. It is full of aloe vera and I think that is actually soothing it somewhat! Aloe is great for burns. I guess this is a sidewalk burn?
I used to do transcription for an infectious disease doctor. He would often treat wounds. I suppose they were probably more severe than this... Usually diabetic patient's whose wounds would not heal. Let's hope that's not becoming my scenario!!! Anyway, in his dictation, he would describe how the wound was healing... the color, the texture, etc. IF he were describing my wound, I think he would mention the bruising around it, then the surrounding redness, and then the white-ish new tissue that appears to be moist. I think I'm gonna live... but boy has this been a real bugger of a bang-up to deal with.

2 comments:

Jemit said...

Your knee looks okay.... like it's healing..
You really did get lots for your birthday..how grand!
I loved all the pictures and the ones of the pie you and Joyce put together.. fun!
I plan to make brownies Monday with the 3 munchkins..mmmmmmmm

Jemit said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.