Saturday, September 16, 2006

The Week in Review

Monday - Nothing exciting happened on Monday. It was business as usual at the Hospital. Plenty of duties to be done with a one-week deadline. YIKES.

Tuesday - Keith took me to work. We dropped the Saturn off at our new mechanic's garage to have a couple of things fixed on Wednesday. Much to our surprise, it was fixed and ready to go before lunch on Tuesday. Keith came back, took me out for lunch, and we picked up the car. Just as I got settled back into my work duties, he called to tell me that his work attire was in my back seat and he had no time to come get it. So, I left work early and delivered it to him. I spend the evening playing catch-up on work at home.

Wednesday - My friend Jill met me at my office for a cup of coffee and a chat. Moments after her departure, Amy and Luke paid me a visit .How delightful.

Thursday - Keith was off work. He took the car to get inspected and it cost over $600 - YIKES. I have no idea where I'm going to dig up the money from, but I have faith in God to provide for our needs. He always does. Thursday afternoon I left work early and met up with Amy and Luke again. We visited Joe at his work and then Amy and I enjoyed a coffee at the mall while Luke played in the really cool play area there. It was a very nice visit.

Friday - After work I met up with Rene'e at her house. We bought a new saddle a few weeks ago and she had picked it up at the Amish shop. I tried it out on Duke and we had a nice ride. The new saddle is black, synthetic, and very light. I like that. I can rinse it with a hose to clean it. It is built with the widest tree you can buy and it is supposed to flex to fit any horse - awesome! Now I need to get some accessories. I need a new black bridle, maybe a new saddle pad, and definitely some new riding boots because my old faithful duck-boots are too big for the stirrups. I don't have the money for these accessories at this point. I will make-do with what I've got for now. We ended our visit with fresh boiled zuccini and chicken quesadillas. YUM.

Saturday - Keith and I both slept in until 8AM. Yes, pretty late for us... but every now and then you should do that. We had coffee together and then suited up for a walk at North Park. We stumbled upon an interesting event happening in the parking lot at the Pool House. There was a timed course for running mini-coopers. It was pretty neat. We watched a while and then went on our walk. There are lots of options for walking at North Park. We opted to do some hiking and some walking. There are trails and paved areas and we take advantage of both. I like the paved areas because you can measure how far you actually walk. Keith likes the trails because they are generally more challenging. Then we had lunch... he has gone to work now. Should I work? Should I play? Should I veg-out? Hmmm... decisions decisions....

Sunday - Tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. We have asked to have our membership transferred from the Butler First UMC to the Bakerstown UMC. Since we are technically considered to be "new members," we will be attending their "Bakerstown Beginnings" class for the next few weeks. This should be a good way to get to know some other new people at the church. We are both looking forward to it.

No comments: