- Organization and prioritization
- Paying the bills
- Financial and emotional support
- Housework - cooking and laundry
What things do I appreciate most about Keith? In no particular order:
- Desire to provide
- Loves me as I am despite my flaws
- Shows me affection
- Willingness to do whatever I ask
I wonder what he thinks I appreciate about him? I will have to ask him."
I remember questioning Keith on these things after this journal entry, but I don't fully recall the outcome. Obviously I neglected to journal that part. So I'll ask him now...
Top 4-5 things Keith appreciates about me:
- That I took him when nobody else would
- That I understand about his drive at work
- Willingness to let him make his own friends
- Willingness to support all his crazy ideas and dreams
Top 5 things Keith thinks I appreciate about him:
- Ability to do handywork/construction
- Supportiveness in my dreams and crazy ideas
- His faith
- That he understands my drive at work
- Willingness to do chores around the house
These are quite interesting comparisons aren't they? I think perhaps we need to communicate such things to our spouses more regularly, especially when we are going through times of dryness in our relationship. I might just add my Number One piece of advice for married couples:
If you feel far from your spouse, rekindle your relationship with the Lord. When you are far from the Lord, you will find yourselves far from one another.