Sunday, April 15, 2007

Belated Birthday Wishes

I know I'm a little late, but don't think for a moment that I forgot.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY BIG BROTHER PAUL!!!
(On Thursday April 12th)

A few things about Paul:

  1. Nickname = PB
  2. When sprouting bat-wings under his hat... "It's time to trim the bush"
  3. He used to drive this old beater truck that had a hole in the floor and whenever I was riding with him, he'd purposely hit mud puddles just to get me wet.
  4. He has a potato launcher... why?
  5. He pushed me off my hobby horse when I was little. At least this is the story and I'm stickin' to it (even tho I don't remember) LOL. I had to get stitches on the inside of my lower lip... scarred for life!
  6. He used to take things apart and put them back together just for fun. He's very good at that sort of thing. I tried that once... the rototiller... it was not a smart move for me.
  7. He once glued a rat (or was it a mouse) on the hood of his truck like a hood ornament. What is wrong with this picture?
  8. When I was 5 years old he was mean to me and in retaliation, I dipped his pet kitty in a bucket of motor oil and threw it down the silo. (again - not my brightest moment... and for the record I would NEVER do that again)
  9. He taught me to put cats in a feed sack and swing them around... good clean farm-life fun. (what was wrong with us!)
  10. He's always willing to lend a hand... he helped us move multiple times, even came to Kentucky to help us move home! He's a great packer - very neat, tidy, and precise. I appreciate him more than he knows.

(disclaimer: Don't be over-alarmed by our childhood monstronsities... growing up on a farm is full of pleasant memories and we would NEVER intentionally hurt a family pet.)

So cheers to Paul for another year of fun and frolic! I hope it was an enjoyable birthday! (Can't wait for next weeks bon fire for Moms! Maybe we should put the fire department on red-alert???!!! LOL)

No comments: