Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Just Stuff

Time just keeps ticking and most days I feel like we are running in a wheel, going nowhere. Needless to say, we are busy people and we are living our lives a good bit differently than we have for the past seven years.

It is just great to have Keith out of school. Don't get me wrong, I support him completely in his educational endeavors. He is a fabulous teacher and is quite scholarly. He always had good grades, and even graduated from Clarion Cum Laude. It's been an interesting journey we've been on. After all these years of prepping for 'tomorrow,' we feel as if we are finally living for today. Sure, we have aspirations, hopes, dreams, and plans for our lives... but we have dismissed the "living for tomorrow" lifestyle and are loving where we are right now. He may still return to his studies. So may I. Or we may just keep doing what we are doing and allow the events of our non-work lives to transpire.

Couple profound things I've come to learn over the past couple of years -
  1. God has a plan for you, but lets you choose your own path. When you find yourself at the crossroads of life, you can rest assured that there are blessings and hardships whichever path your choose.
  2. God has a plan for you TODAY, don't waste today trying to get to tomorrow's plan.
  3. My plan isn't necessarily God's plan. I begin each day asking the Lord to help me put aside what I want and fill my heart with what He wants. It's not easy, but as time goes by I am realizing that he has greater things in mind for me than what I dream up for myself.

You know, it took me a while but... I've come to realize that Starbucks coffee is not like regular coffee. If you drink it plain, it's not too great. It's made to be served WITH something. Be sure to stop on over to Keith's blog to check out the newest coffee snob brew!

No comments: