Saturday, July 21, 2007

15 Minute Friday

My friend Kim over at One Day At A Time is hosting a brand new weekly spiritual discussion forum "15 Minute Friday" which I am honored to participate in. Forgive me for being late in posting and THANK YOU for making it on Fridays because I'm already participating in too many Monday posts. This is sure to be a blessing.



This week Kim asks us to share our "Defining Moment" in respect to our Spiritual journey. So here's my contribution...



I'm one of those people who grew up in a church-going family. Having been consistently exposed to it, I had no earth shattering experience that brought me to Christ. I have had many times of growth that have changed my life for the better.



I think the most transformation was when I was engaged and the first few years of my marriage. My husband grew up Catholic. I was protestant. When we were engaged, we were seeking a church where we could meet in the middle. We found one and were married there. This church offered much in the line of biblical education... classes, bible studies, and small groups, and we even started volunteering in the church youth group. We dug in together and have been blessed abundantly. As a couple we include spiritual growth as part of our routines. We attend church regularly. We tithe. We pray before our meals. We take part in regular bible study (together and individually). We pray for one another daily, and we seek to surround ourselves with Godly people.



After my hubby graduated from college, he worked for a time in a non-related field before the Lord called us to move from our home... several states away... to leave behind all that I had never wanted to leave. He enrolled in Seminary in KY, fully expecting to be surrounded by Youth Ministry for the rest of our lives. We had some significant experiences there. Looking back I think that our time there may have been more for me than him. I endured joy and sorrow and a closeness to God like never before. After a year of studies and some personal struggles, we returned to PA... where we call home.



There have been many instrumental persons who helped me along on this journey... my Grandmother's faithful prayers for me... our good friends from small group... our close friends and pastor in KY. This is merely a snippet of my journey... stay tuned on Fridays for more insights from my spiritual walk with the Lord.

1 comment:

odat_kim said...

Thanks Jenny *hugs*
Kim