Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Blessings Monday


I'm becoming chronically late with my participation in these blogger discussions. I love them, but can't seem to squeeze them all in on the appropriate day. None the less... I have blessings to share!

Hmmm... to what shall I point this day? I think I shall proclaim the blessing that our car is to us. Its seems rather silly, but I've been reminding myself of it lately. It's so easy to want more. This is a daily struggle that I strive to overcome. I NEED to be content with what I have! That's my life-long goal, but boy does it waver from day to day!

We have three vehicles. One nice one - Corolla. One runs good, but isn't inspected - Blazer. And one on its last legs - Saturn. We have WAY more vehicles than what we need! When the price of fuel skyrocketed, we quickly parked the Blazer with all intentions of selling it. Any buyers out there??? Needless to say, we still have it, but we aren't driving it.

Keith had just landed a pretty descent job and our budget was allowing us to stretch a little further, so we sprung on a new Toyota Corolla. It's our good car. It's comfortable. It gets good mileage. It requires little maintenance so far. Ahhh... it just feels good to have a car that we are sure is in good shape. Keith is still driving the Saturn. We spent more to get it inspected last year than it is truly worth. I dread getting it inspected this year! Here's hoping that it won't be that much. If it is... well then we might be looking for a replacement -- or resurecting the Blazer.

I confess that I dream of having a different vehicle. Believe me, we test drove the Camry and were very disappointed that we could not get it for the price we wanted. We prayed on it and decided together that the Corolla was the right car for us. He dreams of having a Corvette. I laugh at that idea, but at the same time I dream of having a big bad truck! I think my dream is more realistic, but maybe I'm biased? When I drive by the car lots my eyes wander and quickly spy any and all nice looking trucks. I really like Toyota trucks (again - biased because I used to have one). Looking is hard to NOT do, but this week I shall proclaim how blessed we are to have our good little Corolla (and 2 other vehicles).

1 comment:

Marci said...

Jenny, I can SO understand this. We have 3 vehicles. My husband drives an hour each way to work. We have a Bonneville that is on its third engine and we think it is blown. We have a Saturn that runs sometimes, but does not have a current license plate sticker since we do not drive it and then we have a Ford Crown Victoria. It stalls when you are in start and stop traffic or in town with lights and stop signs. All 3 of them are old and paid for. Michael drives the Crown Vic to work each day. We need a truck desparately for the farm. We can't afford a payment for anything right now, so we are praying and thanking God for the one that runs enough to get him to work. It is also the biggest gas hog of the bunch. =)