Saturday, July 14, 2007

S.M.A.R.T. Habit Saturday


It's time for a spot-check on my efforts with "Smart Habit Saturday." If you visit The Lazy Organizer, you will find some thoughts on habits. She reminds us:
"We all know how strong an influence our habits can be in our lives but have you ever thought of being a slave to them? Are you imprisoned by them? If bad habits are keeping you from reaching your life's goals then you are."
Think about it! It's REALITY folks!!! Who doesn't struggle with something? Addictions are habits. I'm addicted to coffee. (so is my Handy Hubby) If I don't have it, I'm MISERABLE. She's got a point there - good habits are worth the struggle because they are success.


Drumroll please.....................


DRINKING WATER: Doing quite well on this.


DAILY EXERCISE - 20 MINUTES/DAY: Doing well. Hit the treadmill every day this week except for Friday. I'm happy to report that my workout was no less than 25 minutes each. I'm keeping up with the strength training too. I added forward lunges with weights at least 2 days.


RELAX - 20 MINUTES/DAY: 5/7 days YES! That's pretty good for me.


EAT MORE VEGGIES: I'm tracking 4-5 servings per day. 5/7 days is pretty good for me!


FOCUSED HOUSE-WORK: 20 MINUTES/DAY: 2/7 I'm ashamed to say. This week has been one of those work-late every day kind of weeks.


READ 3 HEALTH-RELATED ARTICLES/DAY: 3/7 which is so-so I guess.


HOME COOKED MEALS 3 DAYS/WEEK: 3 days Wahoo! I would have beat this, but our fridge is on the fritz and the new one isn't coming until Thursday, plus... Handy Hubby is in the midst of a home improvement project that is taking over our home at the moment.

MORNING DEVOTIONS DAILY: YES. I subscribe to the online version of "Our Daily Bread."


PRAISE AND PRAYER WALKS 20 MINUTES/DAY: 5/7 while walking, but 7/7 overall. God is so good!!!


STRENGTH TRAINING: I'm about half way on this one. I haven't been doing the evening training as much this week. 5/7 on the morning though. I'm also doing crunches and stretches.


I think I'm going to stick with those for now. I'm also working on honoring my husband, but that is a separate challenge. None the less, I'm working on making that habitual too. There are so many blessings to be had by achieving all these healthy habits!!!
I'm doing some tracking with Joe's Goals. He's got a free tracker... See it in my sidebar? It's really easy to use.


To join us in SMART Habit Saturday, head on over to The Lazy Organizer.

5 comments:

mistihollrah said...

Great job on your goals this week! I need to step it up this next week!

An Ordinary Mom said...

I am impressed with how well you are doing. Keep it up!

Robin said...

You're doing great! Keep up the good work.

Have an excellent week.

Lara said...

Good job on your habits! I love that photo of Penny eating the flowers. She looks like she's smelling them! So cute!

Jthemilker said...

Thanks Lara. Actually, she is smelling the flowers. She didn't eat them. She is cute - thanks.