Thursday, September 27, 2007

Suzie Homemaker 101

I visited Uncle Charlie and took a tour of his garden. He's got tomatoes, squash, peppers (all kinds) pumpkins, basil, parsely, dill, even an eggplant or two. He filled my trunk with a generous helping as you can see. I have now officially canned my first solo - stewed tomatoes. I did it once before, years ago with Grandma, but she was instructing me the entire time. Mom gave me some refresher instructions and I took off with it. 10 pints and 3 quarts later I ran out of jars and Grammy would be SO PROUD!!! I still have most of the larger box to do. Mom says she has jars she is willing to share. YIPPIE!!! I'm so looking forward to sharing these with Uncle Charlie. It is the least I could do to show my thankfulness for his generosity.

Posted by Picasa
We decided to keep the pumpkins in the house for fear of our "clepto-neighbors" making off with them! Ugh! Can you tell that I have been bitter ever since someone stole my treasured bird-feeder? The one that was given to me as a Christmas gift a couple years ago? Ugh!

1 comment:

Marci said...

You did a good job Jenny. Way to go!!!!

On the bird-feeder... Forgive them and ask the Lord to bless them. It will make you feel a whole better.