Thursday, September 27, 2007

Blanket For Marine



Posted by Picasa
I made the blanket a couple weeks ago. I mailed it to a lady in California who has a ministry for Marines/Soldiers returning from Iraq who live in the barracks and who don't necessarily have family to come home to. They collect these blankets and leave them on their bunks with a note from whomever sent it. Our note went something like this:
"Dear Soldier, I wanted this blanket to reflect your interests. Maybe you are a baseball fan, maybe a football fan, or maybe you like a particular color or style??? I decided to go with the one thing that I am sure of, that you are a fan of freedom. For this reason I chose a patriotic theme. Thank you for serving our country and for your efforts in protecting our freedom. You are our hero. God bless, Keith and Jen"
If you are interested in making a similar blanket, let me know and I can forward the contact information for the ministry.

No comments: