Monday, November 05, 2007

Sister Swap - REFRESH

You have no idea how REFRESHING this truly is! Today was hectic. I'm so overwhelmed at work. My stress level is rising by the day. I worked late tonight. My shoulders are tense and sore and calling out for relaxation. All the way home I was praying and just trying to let it all go - at least for tonight. I just want a nice relaxing evening with a good nights rest.

I see there is a box for me on the table. Hmmm... I investigate. Wow - such lovely frangrances wafting from this box. It's from my Sister in Michigan, Angela! I pried open the seams to find such lovlies awaiting me. Soup mixes!!! Comfort food!!! How timely!!! Yankee Candles are one of my faves! Oh and they are decadent! I love them!!! I'm burning the Autumn Leaves scent already. It's so appropriate for the season. It's rainy and cold out with wet leaves that have fallen leaving their trees bare. It's kind of the sad part of the season. Corn bread mix to have with my next pot of chili. More comfort food... I know. YUM. How did you know to treat my Handy-Hubby like that? He LOVES cornbread! And you are so very thoughtful to include a Hallmark Magazine. I mean - WOW - it's packed full of goodies! If it wasn't so late I would so be making us a pot of soup right now. Alas, I shall do that tomorrow. BUT - I am going to go cuddle up with my new magazine and fill my mind with crafty thoughts and new meal ideas for the coming weeks. The cutest part is the little kitty-bell ornaments. Where in the world did you find them? One grey and one black... how appropriate! Initially I had trouble keeping the kitties from investigating such a treasure, but I have found a lovely spot to hang them from the mirror on my dresser. For now anyway. YIPPIE!!! It was so lovely. This really made my day! The surprise was definitely REFRESHING! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ANGELA!!!!! I do hope that all is well with you and your family.

Many thanks to Monica at The Homespun Heart and Carrie at With All That I've Been Given, for hosting the Refresh Sister Swap. I have enjoyed getting to know Angela.

To see some of the other Refreshing boxes, check out the links on Carrie's post here. I am also participating in Monica & Carrie's COZY Sister Swap and having a grand time chatting with my new sister Lizzie and putting together her box of goodies to mail this week!

No comments: