Sunday, December 30, 2007

Christmas 2007 Revealed

Christmas was grand this year... as it is most years. I must say that we were VERY spoiled... much more than in years past.

We celebrated with my family on the Sunday before Christmas. Everyone brought snacks and we nibbled all evening. The Zombeck's brought Guitar Hero and have since left it for Keith to practice. One of our together gifts this year was a new PS2 with Sing-Star. We played that too! Loved it!

The kiddos opened their packages with grand expectation. Each of them had several very special and thoughtful items from their aunts and uncles. They all seemed to be very pleased.

Keith and I also exchanged presents. He gave me a sewing box and a beautiful necklace. He received the infamous VAN HALEN tickets and the Zombecks even tacked on a parking pass... THANKS!!!! After weeks of pining over how to wrap them, I found a snowglobe that holds a photo and has an option for a recorded message. I made a photocopy of the tickets and slid it into the picture slot. Then I recorded a clip of "I Can't Stop Lovin You." That was our wedding song!!! Love it!!! I was so excited to see his face. He is a HUGE fan and this was a superb gift!!!

On Christmas day we celebrated with the Mock clan at Rene'e and Lee's place. It too was a grand affair. There was so much food and a house-full of guests. It was great to connect again and mingle amongst them. We left there feeling entirely spoiled AGAIN... a milk can that matches my spare room (need to pick it up), a really cool festive pyrex dish, some Bath & Body Works items, a candle, a 3-pack of nuts, a Kennywood mug, and a really cool wall hanging!!! Wowzer!!! Not expected!!! But boy was it a good time.

Keith's Mom and Step-dad were here this weekend. Not a long visit, but enough to enjoy and celebrate once more. They spoiled me with a lovely jewelry box... with a gingerbread man pin... and Keith got a TABLE SAW!!! Wahoo!!!! Now we just need some wood and he'll be building me all sorts of things!!! Denise & Randy sent me some earrings... bless her heart. She always picks out the coolest stuff. I love it! She picks things for me that I would not splurge on for myself. While they were in town they took us to a Brazillian restaurant in Monroeville. It was very unique... and quite delicious as well.

All is quiet today... Mom and Jim got on their way... We played some PS2. (I stink at racing) Nibbled on some leftoevers... and now he's watching the game while I blog. I've spent a lot of time thinking about the freshness of the new year that is quickly coming upon us. I have all sorts of organizing that I'd like to accomplish and self-improvement projects that will make the Lord proud of me. All works in progress and what better time to embrace them than at New Years!

Christmas 2007 at the Vulhop's was grand this year... and we are looking forward to many more in the the years to come!

No comments: