Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I Need A Plan

I'm giving myself a pep-talk tonight. I'm feeling very UGH after the holiday, traveling, being under the weather, the crazy stress at work and the fact that I have NOT been looking out for myself lately. I have confessions... I have not been exercising. I have not been watching what I eat (unless you count the fork to the mouth). I had french fries with lunch AND dinner today. (shame shame) I have not been taking my Omega-3's. I have not been planning well. I have not been taking any "me" time. I have not been taking care of house-work much. What is wrong with me?

I need a plan:

1. I will make time first thing in the morning for God. Read scripture and pray. This does not have to be lengthy, but it does have to be meaningful. Suggestions: clip a coupon of wisdom (to be redeemed later of course), or meditate on a particular portion of scripture, or post a snippet of the devotion on my blog.

2. I will make time to read significant e-mails before and after work. I will allow insignificant ones to WAIT until free-time. I will not allow the clutter of such to overwhelm me. (it's my OCD)

3. I will read at least 3 health related articles each day. (internet or magazine etc.)

4. I will make special time for my hubby each day. I will ask him what I can do to help him. I will greet him pleasantly. I will strive to care for our home in a way that is orderly and comfortable. (making meals, cleaning, decorating, etc.)

5. I will look ahead to tomorrow and plan accordingly. I will keep a calendar of engagements in such a way that my husband is aware of our obligations. I will ensure that we both have clean laundry. I will make sure our bills are paid on-time. I will make sure that we have the supplies that we need for the days/week ahead. (groceries, etc.)

6. I will take the steps instead of the elevator. I will park farther away than usual. I will do simple stretching exercises at my desk at least twice every day. I will complete my simply free-weights workout each evening for the next 5 days. I will re-establish regular cardiovascular workouts this weekend.

7. Water will be my drink of choice, and lots of it. Coffee will be minimized to 2 cups per day (if that). I will focus on consuming vegetables this week. I will NOT eat french fries or bleu cheese dressing again this week. (my 2 biggest challenges!)

No comments: