Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Workplace Humor

I have to tell these true stories, N-O-T because I have a big head, but because I can see the humor in them...

This was my conversation with the VP whom my boss answers to. You know... the bosses boss.

Dr M: Jennifer, have you ever taken the personality test over in Human Resources?

Me: What personality test? I didn't know there was such a thing.

Dr M: Would you mind stopping over there and taking it?

Me: Um... is there a problem with my personality?

Dr M: No

Me: Is this a trick? Or a trap?

Dr M: No, we want to use it as a prototype for when we look for the new hire in the Department.

Me: Oh (giggle), that is very flattering. Thank you. But... Ok.

An hour later I'm conversing with a colleague at another institution. We are discussing the upcoming job posting for my Department... my conceited remark... "They want to clone me!" HA!!!

Moments later we are discussing how our work-load pretty much doubles in the summer months...

Me: It's crazy that we cannot take a summer vacation because there is too much work. I (sarcastically) told my boss that I'm planning to take vacation for the whole month of June next year.

Joe: How'd that go over?

Me: He said I had to go through him and then he laughed. I'm shocked! I'm giving him a years notice! A whole year I tell ya!

Joe: You know... if you timed it right you could take maternity leave.

Me: (laughing hysterically) Why didn't I think of that!!!??? I gotta go tell my boss!

Update... the boss laughed, shook his head, and said "WOW"

No comments: