Sunday, November 09, 2008

Sneak Peak Sunday

I truly don't even remember all of the past week's activity, but I can hit on some highlights:

Friday night I got my nephews, Paul and Daniel, for a couple hours in the evening. I gave them choices of what we could do and they scrutinized over the pros and cons of each idea before proclaiming that they would like to go shopping at Walmart. I have to say, this is not the option I would have chosen. Perhaps they thought they could talk me into buying them some new toys??? I have no idea. At one point Paul told me that Walmart has the best selection of toys. And Daniel added "for the best prices." The truth is that we always purchase some items for at least one child on the "Angel Tree" at church. The children who's names are not revealed, are children who are not expecting to receive gifts for Christmas. We have done this each year since we got married, except for one year when we were just simply too poor ourselves. But this time I let Paul and Daniel choose, within a particular price limit, what they would want for Christmas. Little did they know that I might actually pack up these items for THEM and get our Angel Tree children something else. After all, I did get them to agree that this is truly what they would pick for themselves. HA!!! At least I know they'll like their gifts. They were so particular. They fussed over prices and added the prices of smaller items together to see if they would have enough. "Does the tax count?" Daniel asked. "Is it a big deal if it's a few cents over?" Paul chimed in. "What can I get if I have a dollar left over? A pack of gum?" Daniel added. They were so funny.

After the shopping spree, we had enough time to hit Chuck E Cheese. A pizza and a pile of tokens later we were lost in the world of game playing and ticket grabbing. Paul asked me to ride the roller coaster game with him and it was fun. Daniel was more concerned with playing for tickets. We hit the jackpot on one game THREE times. They combined their tickets and had almost 400 to choose a prize. I tried to talk them into barrettes and bangle bracelets, but they would have none of that. Daniel got an eye patch and something else that was tiny, while Paul chose a gooey squishy green lizard thing that I was fearing might loose its green guts in my car. On the way home they were discussing how many eye patches they could have got for all their points. They chuckled at the idea of getting enough eye patches to give everyone at least one, if not two a piece for Christmas. HA! They are too funny. The boys thanked me for the date. They are so sweet. It was a good time.

Saturday morning my Girls Group reconvened after having a few months off. Oh how I missed my lady friends and the intimate study of the Lords word. I'm looking forward to continuing that in the months to come.

The other highlight of my weekend was another ride on my crazy, I mean sweet, pony. I should have known that a chilly windy day was not the day to ride, but I just can't help myself. I don't want to miss any opportunities to go, especially since I have so many to catch up on to make up for those years she was far far away. Well, as we crested the top of the first big hill, some birds were a flutter in the trees. The other horse spooked first, and Penny followed. I lost my balance, but thought I could regain it when she spun in a circle and off I went! Ahhhh!!!! Just for the record... I haven't fallen off a horse for a good 10 years, and this is the absolute FIRST time I've fallen off my sweet Penny. Luckily, she's not too tall so it's not that far to the ground. I landed on my hip and rolled 3 times before picking myself up and catching my frantic sidekick. Moments later I brushed myself off and got right back on. It wasn't her fault. She wasn't trying to dump me. I just didn't have a good enough grip this time. The rest of the ride was full of anticipation of the next spook. It's the wind I tell ya. It whips up between her legs or something. She was a little jumpy today. I saw spots for about an hour after the fall. Honestly, I don't think I hit my head. But later when she spooked my back cracked. Rene'e mentioned that maybe something was out of alignment from the fall and then re-adjusted when my back cracked. I'm not sure of the timing of when my sight went normal again, but it does make me wonder. I'm going to have to chat with one of my doctor friends about that.

Keith is watching football. We had a nice bowl of soup for an early dinner. I took three ibuprofen and a hot shower. Oh how I'm dreading my work this week. I'm REALLY behind in things and quickly approaching deadlines. There is just never enough time to accomplish everything these days.

And that's a sneak peak at my weekend...

No comments: