Sunday, December 14, 2008

Welcome To The Chirstmas Edition of Getting to Know Your Friends


Wrapping paper or gift bags?

Wrapping paper is way more fun to unwrap, but bags are pretty too. I think bags are the "easy way out" for wrapping gifts, but I also have to admit that I do use them sometimes.


Real tree or Artificial?

REAL please, but it's not always practical. We have an artificial tree. It never compares to the real thing, but with two kitties and no kiddos... why bother with the real thing?


When do you put up the tree?

Sometime shortly after Thanksgiving. No specifics.


When do you take the tree down?

Sometime shortly after New Years. Also, not specific.


Do you like eggnog?

It's ok, but I'm not gung-ho about it. My handy-hubby likes it tho.


Favorite gift received as a child?

Probably jewelry from cousin Steve. He once gave me a gold necklace with a heart pendant that had 2 rubies in it. I still have it. It is the first real jewelry I can ever remember getting.


Easiest person to buy for?

My handy-hubby. He gives me a million ideas and I know what will make him smile.


Do you have a nativity scene?

No.


Mail or email Christmas cards?

Mail please. I have trouble keeping up with my emails and sometimes its difficult to download them. I love snail-mail, so that's my pick. Also, I have been known to recycle Christmas cards from past years by cutting the picture and using it as a gift-tag. Sorry friends, we aren't sending cards this year. As much as I enjoy it... it's not in the time or funding budgets. Gotta cut somewhere...


Worst Christmas gift you ever received?

Can't remember any bad ones.


Favorite Christmas Movie?

"Christmas Vacation"


When do you start shopping for Christmas?

I shop all year round.


Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?

Yes. As a matter of fact, our very first married Christmas was a very poor one. My father-in-law gave us $100 gift-card that arrived before Christmas. We used it to buy eachother presents.


Favorite thing about Christmas?

Anticipation. I love surprises. Also time off to relax and enjoy.


Lights on the tree?

Yes. I think that white lights are most elegant, although occasionally the colored ones are pretty too. I will also take the opportunity to say that Christmas lights are made for a certain kind of tree. I think that lights strung around a maple or oak type of tree is tacky... real tacky! Especially when they run out of lights half way up the tree.


Favorite Christmas song?

Away In A Manger (sweet pony hay)


Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Yes please. If we aren't traveling, then I want somebody to travel to us.


Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer’s?

Of course, but I'm not going to give it away for the next guy.


Angel on the tree top or a star?

Angels are prettier.


Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?

Usually Christmas morning, but my handy-hubby and I like to have a private one-on-one gift exchange, so that is sometimes on Christmas Eve. Besides, if he gets me something pretty I might want to wear it on Christmas?


Most annoying thing about this time of the year?

Crowds and traffic. I can't stand people in stores that aren't respectful of other peoples space. (yes I have a space issue) I don't like it when someone with a cartload of goodies is pressing me forward through a line or bumping into me.


Favorite ornament theme or color?

That's three things!

1) Ornament - the ugly ones! We have an ugly ornament contest and that is the life of the party.

2) Theme - I like to remember the religious aspect of the celebration. It's Jesus's birthday. That's pretty cool. It's a reminder that our Savior is both 100% man and 100% God.

3) Color(s) - burgundy and gold


Favorite Thing for Christmas dinner?

My mother-in-laws tea ring and cranberry nut bread. YUM!


What do you want for Christmas this year?

Top items on my list this year are...

New pitchfork - a green one please, just like I used to have

Breastcollar with running attachment for my pony

Socks for work - you know, to go with dress clothes

Fuzzy slippers - because I'm too cheap to buy them for myself

Pasta bowls - I have always wanted these

Jewelry - my handy-hubby is all over this one

Belgian Waffle maker - YUMMO!

Warm but lightweight barn boots would be a plus.
Dish towels - one can never have enough of those


Snow Christmas morning?

A white Christmas has always been lovely.
Feel free to play along... grab the questions and insert your own answers. Then post on your blog!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Here in Texas, I put a big gawdy bow on the top of my tree with ribbons draping down and other coordinating bows randomly attached to the ends of branches. But, I've always been a fan of angels too.

Thanks for commenting and playing along on my giveaway. Check back Tuesday to find out if you won!