Wednesday, July 08, 2009

The Morning After

I have no idea why I'm up so early. Usually I'm just starting to wake up at 5AM but today I'm wide awake.

I'm feeling the effects of last nights chores. My eyes are swollen. My chest is heavy. My sholders are achy. The scrapes and scratches on my arms are burning.

After I finished at one farm I found another wagon at the next farm. I lost count when I uncovered a snake. It scared the bejeebers out of me. I was working by myself so I was glad it was only a little one. It was only about a foot long, light brown with a dark brown pattern on its back. I'm not sure but it may have been a baby copperhead. I encouraged it off the wagon and then jumped down and snuck up on it for a closer look. Initially I was going to let him slither off into the weeds behind the barn. On second thought... If it was a dangerous snake that's the last thing we need... So I dropped a big rock on it. I'm pretty sure I pinned it but I'm not going to reach under to check. Creepy Crawly Icky Yuck!!!!

I best get moving and drink some coffee. Then its off to work...then the farm...and my Handy Hubby has a softball game tonight. Have a good day everyone.

No comments: