Sunday, October 04, 2009

Weekend Snippets

Let me back up to Thursday... I took a vacation day and enjoyed every moment of it. I went to Volant, PA with my friend and her daughter. We got pumpkins, looked at horses, had more holes punched in my belt, and grabbed lunch at every childs favorite... McDonalds. Afterwards we played "horses" until her brother came home. It was a nice visit. I'm very blessed to have friends with such lovely children. I especially like that the kiddos like me so much. It was a great day! Thanks Pal!!!

Friday was the annual golf outing. It was a dreadful cold and rainy day. The lunch was good and the dinner very nice. Its ok. I don't golf anyway. I'm just there to decorate the tables, eat, drink, and if its nice we drive around on golf carts acting like idiots and taking pictures. I'm happy to report that the guys actually said that they missed us since we didn't take pictures.

Saturday was kind of a lazy day. HandyHubby had to work all afternoon. I clipped coupons and did some grocery shopping. I need to get back into a routine with coupon clipping and grocery shopping. I've been lazy about that lately. I made a pot of taco soup for dinner. HandyHubby was happy about that. I also completed half of this weeks assignments for my Monday Night Esther Bible Study.

So that brings us to today. It started with coffee and tea. Then church. Helped Uncle Charlie move some things. See, I knew we would find many ways to use our truck to bless others! Had a nice dinner out with the Zombecks...thanks Zombecks!! You rock!! Played with their kujo-kitty...ouch! And caught a few glimpses of Chilly. We also brought home the sewing machine that Grandma gave me years ago. I'm going to use it for my daily devotions. Cleaned the birdcage tonight. Rearrainged things and changed out the toys. When the birds got back in it was like they were exploring a new jungle. They like variety and special snacks. I always give them millet after cleaning the cage. HandyHubby is watching the Steeler game. I think Ill go finish my Bible Study and get ready for bed.

And those are the snippets of my weekend!

1 comment:

Wendy said...

Sounds very lovely! Cant wait to see you guys around Thanksgiving!