Thursday, September 30, 2010

Thursday’s Thankful Heart

Thursdays Thankfulness

I keep a daily journal of at least three things I’m thankful for and at least one thing I’m thankful for specifically about my husband.  Here are a few recent entries:

 

General:

  • Prayerful heart and closeness to God
  • Fuji apples… sweet and crunchy
  • My pony lovin on me (probably due to the Fuji apples)
  • An ultra-lovey kitty in the morning
  • Sweet tasty muffins from a friend
  • Couple days ahead with my study takes the pressure off
  • Fall-like days, new temperatures, new colors, subtle changes surrounding us
  • Appliances that work
  • Having a nice rug in the living room
  • My first REAL pot of chicken noodle soup
  • Friends that want to enjoy exercise with me
  • Praising God feels so good
  • Sleep
  • New journal with fresh clean pages
  • Sweet tea
  • A superior at work who has a great confidence in me
  • Teamwork at work
  • Morning Coffee with cream
  • Freedom
  • God’s awesome creation

 

About my hubby:

  • Close snuggles in the middle of the night
  • He had a good attitude about some unfortunate things at his work. 
  • Sweet morning kisses on the forehead before he leaves for work in the wee hours of the morning
  • Compliments about my cooking
  • He acknowledged his crabbiness
  • He went on a road trip with me even though he would have to stand around and wait on me while I was in a 2 hour long meeting
  • He called and asked me for a date
  • He didn’t get angry when I had a mental breakdown
  • I fell asleep in his arms
  • He shared some deep thoughts
  • When we hike he watches out for my footing and keeps checking on me

Recording thankfulness definitely keeps me accountable in praising God for such blessings.  It helps me keep that positive focus of gratefulness. 

No comments: