Saturday, March 05, 2011

Saturday’s Savings & Meal Planning

I have a plan for this week.  Here it is:

  1. Chili, cornbread, and salad
  2. Chicken Stir fry
  3. Pork roast or chop w/ scalloped potatoes & green beans
  4. Spaghetti and salad
  5. Fish Sandwich (for Keith)  I’ll have leftovers

I’m pumped about my shopping trip today.  I didn’t need to get much for my meal plan, but I grabbed a bunch of good deals.  Check it out:

IMG00128-20110305-1151

Kellogg’s cereal were 5 for $10.  I had three coupons worth 3.40.  So I spent a whopping 1.32/box.  I already had 6 boxes of cereal from last week’s sales so now I have 11 boxes of cereal in the pantry.  Well… Keith already ate about half a box.  What’s for dinner when I’m too tired to cook a meal?  CEREAL!!!!

 

IMG00127-20110305-1149

How about this!  Colgate and Colgate tooth brushes were on sale for $1.  I had 14 coupons for 75 cents off (7 tooth paste & 7 tooth brushes), which double at the register.  Double is more than the sale price, so they were all just simply FREE!!!!  Actually, I was one tooth brush shy because I cleaned them out.  They only had 6.  Oh well, maybe I’ll be able to use that coupon another time.  I don’t even use Colgate tooth paste!  I got 6 free tubes last week.  I gave away 3 of those.  Now I have 10 tubes of toothpaste in the closet.  Seriously… if you live close and want some toothpaste, let me know.  I’ll donate most of it to the ministry at church for the food pantry and/or college and military care packages.  It’s worth it to pick it up just to give it to someone else.

 

IMG00126-20110305-1143

What’s this?!  It’s motivation to do laundry.  That’s what!  This was what I got at Rite Aid.  I picked up 8 bottles of Arm & Hammer 2x Laundry detergent.  These usually run $6.99/bottle.  It was on sale for $3.99 w/ a $1 Register Reward.   $3.99x8=$31.92 minus $4 in coupons = $27.92.  I got $8 back in Register Rewards, which means I actually spent $19.92 for 8 bottles or $2.49 each.  I saved $4.50/bottle from the usual price.  Not bad!  Both bottles of Gain liquid fabric softener were FREE w/ coupons.  I spent $3.25 on the 5 Dawn Hand Renewal dish soaps (with coupons) or a whopping 65 cents each.  SAWEET!!!!  That’s the kind I like because it keeps my hands soft.  We don’t have a dishwasher. 

 

These are just the bigger deals I found.  I was actually several dollars UNDER my budget at the grocery this week.  Imagine that!  Many thanks to all who gave me coupons they didn’t want!  This was fun.        

No comments: