Sunday, March 13, 2011

Yay For Warmer Weather

Saturday was a whirlwind of a day.  I left early for Butler and met up with my gal pals for Girls Group Bible Study.  Yummy Panera Bread breakfast and chit-chat… Wonderful.  Then I motored into work figuring that I’d do a few things there.  Well… six hours later I had printed some fifty application packets that need to be mailed this coming week and completed a small pile of data entry.  Ugh!

 

IMG00137-20110312-1804

What better way to close out the day and the week but with a short hike with my Sweetie.  I got home with just about an hour of daylight to spare.  We tried to find a geocache that we failed to find in the snow a few weeks ago.  Unfortunately, we did not find it last evening either.  Grrrr!  However…  there is another one not far off.  It’s one we have found before.  So we trail-blazed for a short distance, walked the ridge overlooking the stream, scaled a portion of it and found ourselves back on the beaten path.  The spring thaw is flowing heavily in the stream.  It’s not just beautiful to look at, it sounds lovely too.  I wish I could capture that sound and take it with me.  The cache was tucked into a log just where we thought it was.  There were no exciting contents we wished to have, so we just left a travel bug and a geocoin. 

 

I’m looking forward to many hikes to come… 

No comments: