Friday, April 08, 2011

2011 Ultimate Blog Party

blogparty

Late, but not over…  Just for kicks I thought it would be fun to participate.  A few people read my blog, but really… I just ramble.  BUT… for those who might stop by I should write a little bit about who I am…

P1010714

I’m in my 30’s (thankfully still).  Blonde hair, blue eyes, and a little bit chubby.  I’m married to a wonderful man for more than 10 years now.  We met on the internet.  Falling in love wasn’t intentional, but I guess that’s the best way for it to happen.  He’s witty and kind and supportive and fun and I would just be lost without him!   He was a city-boy and I was a country-gal.  Together we are an eclectic mix of contemporary-country.

IMG00106-20110213-1535

I like anything country… blue jeans, flannel shirts, ball-caps, fields full of daisies, muddy boots, farming, gardening, shoveling, milking cows, driving trucks, tractors (especially Farmall), and of course anything horse related.  I have a pony named Penny.  She’s adorable and sassy and I plan to ride her for many a mile this summer.  I’m an outdoorsy gal.  When I’m not horseback riding, I like to go fishing and hiking. 

RD-Anniken-and-the-cows-300x225

IMG00206-20100817-1908

I work at a hospital.  My job is to check the credentials of the practitioners who are or want to work there.  Basically I make sure they are trained to do what they want to do and that they are who they say they are and that they maintain the competency to perform the work they desire.  I am blessed to have a job that is interesting and appreciate the compensation.  I’ve been working there for almost 10 years now.

IMG00204-20110320-1403

About blogging… as I said it’s mostly babble.  Specifically I’m keeping a journal of some of the days/events of my life for future reference.  I’m also trying to be deliberate in establishing healthy routines.  I’m aspiring to be deliberately thankful and praising God for all the blessings in my life.  I’m trying to be thrifty with our wages by clipping coupons, shopping the sales, and managing our menu so we don’t overspend on eating out.  I’m also trying to put more focus on physical activity and eating more healthily.  It’s all a journey and I’m making memories as I go.  The blog is a good way to look back and reassess progress. 

P1010722

So that’s the scoop, for what it’s worth.  That’s who I am. 

2 comments:

Nikki said...

I'm STILL trying to catch up with all the blogs from the party. I'm following you now. Love your pony, and your cats are beautiful.

Nikki
http://www.prettyopinionated.com

Brooke from The Bluestocking Guide said...

Hello! I'm visiting from the Blog Party. I was super busy that week so I didn't get to visit as much as I would like to. Nice to meet you!

My book review blog

My knitting blog