Saturday, July 23, 2011

HOT Date!

IMG00613-20110723-1521

Keith took me for a dinner date this evening.  We have been to this winery before; but, now they have a restaurant too.  We sat outside on the patio, under an umbrella, listening to live music.  The food was fantastic!  We both ordered the same thing, Pasta Vite.  It was pasta with grilled chicken, spinach, roasted plum tomatoes, and a light sauce.  YUMMO!  I was pleased that it was light and refreshing. 

 

IMG00616-20110723-1613

Keith had red wine and I ordered Sangria.  It just seemed like a Sangria kind of a day.  It was very tasty!  Of course, we both drank full glasses of water too. 

 

IMG00614-20110723-1524

 

When I said it was a HOT DATE… it was… Literally!!!!  It was 89 degrees outside!  Thank goodness for the umbrella!  There is a beautiful tiered fountain on the patio.  They have a special picnic area for people who buy a bottle of wine and bring their own food.  I would definitely recommend this place.  We will surely be back!

 

Afterwards he took me to Sincerely Yogurt.  It’s a new place where you serve yourself and pay by weight.  His was chocolate with peanut butter sauce and Reeses peanut butter cups.  I had blackberry with fresh strawberries, maraschino cherries, and a squirt of whipped cream.  YUMMA!!!

 

I’m not a big fan of the heat, especially when the humidity is high.  I have to say though, I really enjoyed my time with Keith tonight. 

No comments: