Tuesday, August 02, 2011

Am I Adventurous?

IMG00630-20110731-1512

Ok. It’s gone beyond just trying a new food, turkey burgers.  Somehow I got the itch to try canoeing again.  I’m NOT a water sport kind of a gal.  Not by a mile!!!  We went once before, years ago, and I hated every minute of it!  When your feet are supposed to be dry… they are supposed to be dry!  Perhaps I didn’t really know what to expect?  Hmmm…  The thing is… we both hurt our ankles on Saturday, so we didn’t want to hike, but we definitely wanted to enjoy the day. 

IMG00631-20110731-1512

I DID fall out of the boat.  We banked it here in the rocks.  I got out first.  I slipped on a slimy rock and fell right on my butt in about 6 inches of water!!!!  My other leg was stuck in the boat.  Ahhhhh!!!!  So then the people floating past on tubes wanted to know if I was ok, which I was, just embarrassed.  When I finally regained my composure I noticed a lobster-size crayfish in the water right beside where my butt was planted!  Ahhhhh!!!!!!!  Keith said he could see it from the back of the boat.  WOW!  

IMG00633-20110731-1532

Oh well.  The water was warm and mostly calm.  It was a nice upper body workout, only 4 miles.  What a gorgeous day for it!  I would do that again in a heartbeat!  (don’t tell Keith!) 

 

So there you have it… perhaps an adventurous side of me does exist?  Hmmm… what next?  Fish for dinner???  Doubt it!!!

No comments: