Saturday, February 04, 2012

What are weekends made of?

This weekend is off to a fabulous start.  I was up early to make coffee for my Hubby.  I helped him pack his lunch and kissed him goodbye three times before he was actually out the door.  Breakfast was delicious! 

I hit the trails with two friends at Preston Park which overflowed into Sawmill Run Park trails.  It was snowing big beautiful fluffy snowflakes!  But still, what a lovely hike.  We crossed creeks by bridge and by stepping stone, dodged a great deal of mud, admired unusual texture and colorings in the trees, and spotted some deer who had also spotted us!  We even snagged a geocache along the way.  Yay!



I'm home now, and changed into my warm, comfy, red, flannel jammy-pants.  I put a pot of stew in the crockpot a few hours ago and it smells heavenly!  I've washed the dishes, got the mail, clipped coupons, and washed and folded three loads of laundry.  I just realized that I'm on my last bottle of laundry soap.  I think I haven't bought any for about a year now because I was well stocked after finding a steal of a deal on it.  Hopefully there will be another great deal in the near future.  So here I sit, awaiting the return of my Hubby.  I can't wait to cuddle with him and the kitties and enjoy a hearty dinner that warms the insides. 

Tomorrow???  Worship, then hiking at Hartwood Acres with my gal-pal.  It's supposed to be sunny and almost 40 degrees.  Yay! 
And that, my friends, is what weekends are made of!

No comments: