Saturday, March 03, 2012

Exploring North Park

Me.  On my own.  Exploring the trails of North Park. 

It's always cool to stumble upon wooden bridges along the trail.

Self guided?  But of course!  I guided myself for almost 5 miles here.

Skyline Trail.  What a BEAUTIFUL day!  Hiked 1 1/2 miles here.

I was a loner today, but determined not to waste the beauty of the day. It was really windy, but I put on a windbreaker and a hat and set out with an earful of Toby Mac.   It's supposed to snow tomorrow! North Park is a good place to hike when I'm on my own.  I visited some geocaches, dropped a couple of travel bugs and picked up one in return.  Can't beat it!  It was fantastic!!!  Total mileage 6.33 miles all together. 

I'm a happy girl!  I'm in line with my 5 mile per week goal.  As a matter of fact, we are on week 9 of 2012.  That means that I need to have hiked 45 miles to meet my goal.  As of today I have hiked more than 70 miles this year.  I've almost doubled my goal!  That is AWESOME!!!!  Here's to many more!

No comments: