Monday, April 10, 2006

Another Day Another Dollar

Here we are. Another day another dollar. It was a typical Monday for me. I went to work as usual. This is "crunch-week" for me. I shall work some late hours this week for sure. Every month, the week before the big Credentials Committee meeting, I am on the rush to make sure everyone's file is absolutely perfect. Then there are those last minute files that HAVE to be processed on short order for whatever reason. Needless to say, I'm always glad to help out even if I have to spend a lot of extra time to get the job done. So far these types have expressed their appreciation for my extra work, so that makes it all worth it.

Good news. . . Keith started his new job at Starbucks today. This job is so HIM. He seems to love it already. He is excited about learning all about the business and really getting his feet wet. He says they will give him 1 pound of free coffee each month plus 3 free drinks for each work day. In addition, he will be entitled to 30% off at all Starbucks locations. Next year he will have stock options too. So far it seems like a pretty good move. The fact that he is EXCITED about the job is a huge plus! It has always been a dream of his to one day have his own coffee shop. This is just a start... a way to learn the ropes... from the bottom up. In a few months he should be a shift-manager. We hope in a few years that he will be managing a store or even a couple and thereafter he hopes to invest in his very own establishment. Who knows? It's exciting to have a start at it none the less.

Well... the truck isn't doing so great. A couple months ago Uncle Charlie said he noticed that it needed the antifreeze topped off quite often. I too have noticed it. Today Keith says it is getting worse. As we are trying so desperately to save every penny to cover the closing costs for the house, we have opted to hold off on repairs for a week or two. In the meantime we have borrowed Dad's car. Thanks Dad!!!

It is so great to have family close by. Although I must also add that when we were in Kentucky, we had some of the greatest neighbors ever. Ashley and Monty. They were the first to greet us as we were moving in. Keith was somewhat chummy with Monty, and Ashley invited me to join her Girls Group Bible study where I met some other really special gals. Oh how I miss that. Anyway, Ashley and Monty were also the last neighbors to bid us goodbye upon our departure. Having a precious new addition to their family, we were surprised that they arrived ready and willing to help load the truck and clean the house... sending us on our way. During our stay in Kentucky, we could always count on them for a ride to or from the airport when needed. Ashley and I spent a few summer weeks walking each evening and getting to know each other a little deeper. This was during the time that Keith was on the mission trip in Guatamala. I'll add more on that later. Anyway, my dear friend Ashley has a very tender heart and was such a welcome friend there. We miss them both and wish them all the best in their future.

Just a reminder for family.... Upcoming birthdays... Paul, Mom, and Aunt Jane. Happy Birthday folks!!!

I suppose it is time to call it a night. Rest easy everyone....

1 comment:

Jemit said...

UNCLE BILL IMM TOO- 14TH