Tuesday, April 11, 2006

This Morning's Chuckle

For those of you who have the type of laundry basket as shown in this picture, you know that they are collapsable. When I empty one of these, I leave it open and usually on its side. Crystal LOVES these. She hides in them, especially when the little bag attached to the handle falls across the opening and provides added camoflage. Occassionally I will pick up the basket while she's in it and swing her. Not hard mind you - just back and forth. She sometimes rolls around a little in the bottom, but that is pretty much her doing. Usually when I set it back down she is purring pretty loud. I think that means she likes it.

ANYWAY - this morning she was hiding out... incognito... until Wizzy caught a glimpse of her eyes reflecting off the light in the hallway. He ran over and stepped on the opening of the basket. Of course, this caused it to partially collapse. When he backed off, it would open again and she'd sneak a little deeper towards the bottom of it. Wizzy, being the smart boy that he is, he decided to hold it down with one paw and beat her through the little side window with the other!!!! I chuckled to myself "Get a load of this!" (Keith was still sleeping) Wizzy was persistent and wouldn't let her out, so I scolded him and he vacated the premesis. Crystal on the other hand, did not want to come out of her safe haven basket, but she purred loudly as I reached in to pet her.

Well, they have now moved on to bigger better activities for the morning.... breakfast and birdwatching. Go figure.

I'm on to bigger better things too ... WORK!!! Ugh. Check back later this evening to see what's BUZZING!!! Have a great day everyone!!!


1 comment:

Jemit said...

Oh, this reminds me so of Jiminy and Charmin, except Charmin didn't purr, she ran from him!