Monday, May 29, 2006

To Market To Market

This is a pretty old picture taken at the East Liberty Farmers Market. We worked for the Kennedy family for MANY years. This was one of our most favorite jobs ever. I have no idea how many years ago it was taken, but I'm guessing that this was before we graduated from high school, or at least before Amanda did. I started going to market in August of 1989. A couple years later, Amanda joined me. Wendy also went for a short while. Paul has gone in the past few years too. Funny that we all found ourselves in this one common arena for some time. (The picture was taken by Mary Rawson a.k.a. X-The Owl's Aunt)

Why am I posting this now? Because I went to market on Saturday. Ahhhhh... it was nice to get back to see old friends. Ricky Ricky the greenhouse guy... Mr. & Mrs. Blastos, Mr. Jones, Mr. Thomson.... etc. So many familiar faces. Plus, working with John is like going back in time. That's not necessarily a bad thing. All in all I had a wonderful day...

When it was all over, I got to check out the newest member of the family... Mayson May. She's beautiful! Quiet, content, and without flaw. Congrats Kennedy's! I also enjoyed visiting with Val, Jacob, and Taylor who are very proud of little Mayson. Thank you Jacob and Taylor for the new refrigerater art and decorative coffee stirrer. :)

No comments: