Thursday, July 13, 2006

Leaving Friday

I'm leaving Friday for Wendy's to deliver the things we have gathered for her friend Terri. I'm so delighted to be afforded the opportunity to do this. It's like our own little mission trip. I love it!

In preparation, I have been working some extra time this week. Thankfully, I have had the energy to do it too. (another answered prayer) Today I have to put the finishing touches on all my files and make sure my priorities are in line. There is much to do... But it will all fall into place. I've actually been starting later in the morning so I can work later in the evening and not be completely drained. It makes sense... I love mornings, but most of them are spent organizing for the days work. (wouldn't they be better spent sipping coffee as the sun rises?) As I begin my work, I am inundated with calls and visitors needing this or that... Which I am always happy to attend to. Then the world goes home around 4 or 5 PM and that's when I begin the meat of my work... When I can concentrate on it. I'm wondering if I would be better off working a 2-10 or 3-11 shift? The truth is that this job requires me to read and interpret and dig for facts. It's difficult to do this under pressure. I love it though.

So anyway... If any of you are still wanting to donate something... Please get to me today. You know where to find me. Many many thanks!

And now I am going to finish my yummy cup of coffee and get this day on the road!

No comments: