Wednesday, July 19, 2006

No Rest For The Weary


Yes, I'm feeling weary. The summer seems as if it is blowing by, but not without plenty of excitement. We went on an overnite trip to Ohio for a wedding in June. We were back just in time for the Zombeck marriage celebration. The Valentines visited us in June. The Hudson's visited us in July. Mom and I motored out to the Valentine's last weekend. Last night I went to a movie with my good friend, Jill and her precious daughter, Joelle. Then I met Keith at Primanti Brother's to celebrate one of his coworker's birthday. I got home late and got up early. In between it all... Keith and I have been working mostly our usual schedule of hours and maybe even then some. I believe my work stresses stem from the fact that everyone else takes "summer" vacation, which creates a lack of coverage at the hospital, which means that we need replacement docs STAT, which in turn is my headache. It does not help matters that we are short-staffed in the office. I will be so happy to get to the "fall" season, where I might actually get to take some time off??? Who knows?

But where will we go? Don't worry - we have our priorities straight... First stop - Morehead Kentucky. We are anxious to meet Hayden. Perhaps by the time we get there, he will be more animated?! We really feel like we are missing out on this precious gem. We still aren't for sure WHEN we can go, but we ARE for sure that this will be our first stop.

From there.... we'd still like to get to NC to visit Dad and Rachel. This will likely be a separate trip. When? Again... unsure. Sorry, this used to be the first stop until Hayden arrived.

But what about all the summer things that I've been WANTING to do, but haven't done? I had planned to spend at least 1-2 days each week helping Rene'e at her place... and was hoping to get some riding in too. This has not happened. Why? It's not from laziness. It's not from lack of interest. It's just with visiting family and work constraints that this has not become a priority. I always find myself saying "After this" or "After that".... How frustrating! I need to do this... for me and for my friend and for the horses! Some days I think to myself that maybe it is time to hang the hat on this hobby.... but it's not a part of me that I'm ready to give up.

So yes... I'm feeling weary. All the fun stuff and work stuff is all blending together at this point. Keith and I haven't seen much of each other this week at all. Our work schedules have collided and then when he has been available, I have been out with my friends/family. An hour at the bar with his friends last night was not exactly "quality" time for us. I just need a few hours to sit and connect with him. This has to be today's first priority. (after work of course)

Well, I best get this day on the road!

1 comment:

Jemit said...

SOUNDS LIKE YOU NEED A BREAK.. WHY DON'T YOU JUST TAKE ONE.. AND RELAX WITH KEITH