Monday, September 25, 2006

Again... No Rest For The Weary

It is Monday. I'm already into my work, so I have very little time to blog.

Last Friday we had our annual Medical Staff Golf Outing at the Country Club. I dont' golf, but it was fun to cruise around in a golf cart with my boss taking pictures. We stopped and visited with Rene'e for a while. That was nice. There was also a dinner, yummy. I had to speak a couple of times... welcoming everyone and then awarding the prizes. At the end one of the docs said I did a good job. I tried to say that I really didn't do anything, but he interrupted and said "It's ok. You can take the credit." Nice nice guy.

Anyway Saturday we worked some more on the bathroom. We have a toilet now! Keith is so good. We almost have a sink, which should not be as troublesome to install as it is... however this appears to be the theme in this house! More on that later. Let's just say we closed the door and ignored it for the remainder of the weekend out of pure frustration!

Saturday night we attended a Starbucks Coffee Seminar put on at the Gibsonia store by Fred. It was very well attended and quite interesting. We tasted three coffees and learned some interesting facts about its origin. Did you know that all coffee is from the center of the world? Did you know that coffee does not have a specific harvest season? It grows and produces continually and the berries are harvested as they are ready. I could go on and on, but I won't.

Sunday we found out that our membership has been officially transferred from the Butler church to the Bakerstown church. So, we are now considered members. It is a bittersweet thing. We love our Butler church family, but Bakerstown is so much closer to home. We are looking forward to new things with this church and will always be close enough to visit our Butler friends whenever we want.

I also squeezed in a quick ride with Rene'e this weekend. We have been riding about once per week. I have a new comfy saddle that I love. Thanks to Rene'e's help on that. We need to step up our riding efforts in preparation for a short camping trip at the end of October. We are going to take the horses with us. I am SO looking forward to this!!!!

4 comments:

Wendy said...

The golf outing and coffee seminar sounded fun! When I think of you on your camping trip...all I can think of are cool weather and aching bones....I guess that is why you are taking the time to reaquaint yourself with the riding...and the outdoors...Have Fun!

Jthemilker said...

There is just nothing like camping in October! I love the fall. We are staying in a cabin this time though, so it won't be too bad. I can't wait!

Jemit said...

WOW! I'm so impressed.. a real indoor commode..all ready for use.. I guess I'm going to have to make a visit.. I'll bring my camera..hehehe
Atta boy, Keith!!!

Jthemilker said...

Ya, but if you want to wash your hands... you have to use the kitchen sink. That stinks!