Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Lunch Time Blogging

It's lunch time, actually maybe a little past that. Thought I'd check into the world of blogdom and see what's shakin.

I haven't posted pictures for a while. I was going to take some of our new bathroom, but was waiting for the finished product. When will that be? Who knows? I guess I should explain the issue with the little closet bathroom...

First we took out the trim and found mold/mildew on the drywall behind the toilet. We thought we'd have to replace the drywall and maybe some studs. Instead, we treated it with bleach and let it dry out for over a month. Then we patched some spots with plaster, sanded, and then re-painted the entire room, and replaced and painted the trim. We re-did the floor with linoleum tile. We removed the old toilet and found that the closet flange was installed sideways. So we were able to buy a closet flange repair device and all was good. We replaced the toilet and it works!!!! Then on to the sink... The old sink sat ontop of a tiny cabinet. Nothing was actually adhered to the wall. It was pretty much so held up by the plumbing. That's it! So we bought a simple pedestal sink - easy to install. First you adhere the pedestal where you want it, then you place the bowl on top and affix it to the wall with a couple of screws. That's where the project fell apart. There isn't anything to screw into except drywall. There is no stud behind the sink. So now what do we do? Do we have to rip out the drywall, install a stud, re-drywall, re-puddy - sand - paint??? Just for a simple cheap sink? We shut the door and decided not to do anything just yet... out of frustration.

Let me just say that when I say "We," I am most often referring to Keith. He's done the bulk of the work. I'm just there for moral support and to hand him tools whenever he needs them. :)

Ok - so that took up a lot of my lunch. I suppose I should get some work done now. Prime time - everyone else is still at lunch so it's really quiet here right now.

TTYL

No comments: