Saturday, September 09, 2006

A Mess In The Kitchen

This is our kitchen. It is filled with "stuff" because we have been moving things around. We have very little counter space. Notice the dishwasher... I unbolted it and tried sliding it out, but it will only move a few inches. Keith and I tried again today to no avail. You see - the water line is not a hose like most homes would have. The copper water pipe is connected directly to the dishwasher. WOW. How in the world are we going to disconnect it? I'm rather annoyed. You might also notice that we need new cabinetry. This is not happening any time soon I don't think.





We've got a new refridgerator. Rene'e and Lee very generously gave us their refridgerator because they got a new one. This one is bigger than the old one - which is now the "Beverage Box" in the basement. We were rather disappointed to see that the floor board under the old refridgerator was pretty sad and will likely need to be replaced if we ever get to the floors. I'm so delighted to have this fridge. Thanks Rene'e and Lee. You guys are the best!!!

Overall, Keith has mapped out a new kitchen layout that would give us more counter space and more cabinet storage; however this will likely be a pretty huge project so it's not on the To-Do list just yet. I admire his eye for these things.

1 comment:

Jane said...

I am eager to see the changes!