Saturday, September 09, 2006

Metamoraphosis

I love change. I embrace it. I live for it. I am one of those people who requires constant change in one way or another. I don't know why I'm like this, because I think my parent's aren't so much like this... but I am. I love it.

So what are some of the recent changes in our life? Read on...



Diet and Exercise... I'm really putting some emphasis on what I'm consuming. Whole grains, low-fat dairy products, and lean meats. Keith - not so good. He asked me to get him Big Macs for lunch today. I thought - HOW DARE YOU EVEN ASK... but it's not his problem at this point. I handed him his "Heart Disease In A Bag" and humbly sat down with a scoop of cottage cheese and gazpacho for myself... Ugh. Mom and Amanda and I have exercised a couple times together. Keith sometimes walks at the park with me. Sometimes I just go walking by myself. Rene'e and I occasionally ride - and I'm looking forward to doing some more of that this fall. At this point I'm very aware of my activity level (or sometimes lack of) and trying hard to keep up with some sort of routine exercise. I completed the health coach packet for work, but they say I have to have physician's clearance before I can participate in their exercise program. That is because I have recently had some issues with my blood pressure. I've had occasional headaches and a couple short dizzy spells, but the other night Keith and I were at Walmart and I was looking at the shoes, but couldn't read the sizes. I couldn't focus. It seemed like I was all of the sudden cross-eyed. So - like a good employee/student/patient... I will ask my doctor before I step up the exercises to anything more stressful. What a set-back.

3 comments:

Jemit said...

yeah.. me too! salad and left over grilled chicken for me for supper tonite.. and I did about 20 minutes with Richard Simmons.. boy! AM I OUT OF SHAPE !!!

Wendy said...

J.J. ~ I am not trying to be a wise guy here, but perhaps you could be pregnant? It would account for lack of focus, eye changes, dizziness, headaches...hmmm just a thought. I am having a horrible time with the gagging reflex...(when I brush my teeth)...do you have that? hmmm...just a thought. I also bring it up, because I had a dream you were pregnant...HA!

Jthemilker said...

No - no problems brushing my teeth... You had another dream?!?!?!?! Somehow I doubt this is the case... in which case... keep dreaming! Ha!