Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursdays

There are many names to describe Thursday activities... just listen to the radio, "Thirsty Thursday," "Theological Thursday," "Thoughtful Thursday," etc. What's your favorite "Thursday?" Today might be best described as "Thouroughly Soaked Thursday" as it is raining pretty steadily. Dreary, but a blessing in the long run. I woke up with a headache this morning. I wonder if the weather is the culprit?

Last night Rene'e and I went riding. We both got to the barn just after 7PM and the darkness of the evening was already evident. We opted to ride in the ring, where there is some light. I am grateful of the perfect evening climate last night. I hope we can ride again before the week is out. My ride is Duke. I must take some pictures. He's a gem. Just my size and we "click." I've been riding him off and on for a couple of years. He and Penny are/were in love. I wish I didn't have to separate them. Oh well... I hope they meet again in the years to come. Rene'e's new ride is Blaze. He is big. Part draft horse, but a paint. He has an upsidedown heart on his butt. He reminds me a lot of Magnium. :( So the riding idea has been going well. The new saddle helps I think. Rene'e and I are both enjoying it. It's like stepping back in time - so to speak.

Have a "Thankful Thursday." C'mon everybody... tell us ten things you are Thankful for today! I'll start -- (in no particular order)

1) I am thankful that I have a good job and that my employer has been so good to me
2) I am thankful for my loving husband and his undying love and patience
3) I am thankful for my good friend Rene'e who lets me ride her horse all the time and then tells me that he's mine. :)
4) I am thankful for such a wonderful loving family and extended family
5) I am thankful for my faith -- a gift from God
6) I am thankful for our new car, which so far has proven to be way more reliable than the others
7) I am thankful for having a place to live and that all of our immediate needs are met
8) I am thankful for my doctor friends who are always looking out for me
9) I am thankful for my work ethic - I must have inherited it - It is probably why my employer has been so good to me for these past few years
10) I am thankful for the freshness of each new day


I have to work now. I'm leaving early today... another doctor appointment. UGH!!!!

2 comments:

Jemit said...

OK.. I'll bite.....
1. I'm thankful for your work ethic too.. I remember a day when I interviewed for my Remicade job, and the dear doctor said.."I'm hiring you on your daughter's work ethic"..hehehe

2. I'm thankful that God has seen us through the past year especially- it's been a rough one.

3. I'm thankful for my children who seem to always be there for us when we are in need.. bed, laundry , groceries, grass cut, etc

4. I'm thankful for 7 +2 grandchildren and the blessing they are to me and to Wendell.

5. I'm thankful for my hospital job even though I complain about it.. it provides health insurance for us

6. I'm thankful for our son in laws and daughter in law who have made our family complete

7. I'm thankful for my Christian home and parents who raised me in the light of truth.

8. I'm thankful for a loving husband..he growls a lot, but I never doubt his love for me.

9.I'm thankful for incredibly wonderful friends.. they make my days so bright.

10. I'm thankful for the computer and the internet that makes communications so much easier.

Jthemilker said...

You know - my comment counter says ZERO, but you commented. I'm confused.