Monday, October 30, 2006

Enjoying The Season

Thank God for the change of seasons. It truly attests to his creativity. At one point I looked out my dining room window and saw nothing but yellow blobs of tree tops . Now that the leaves have been falling, I see the homes that those trees had secluded. It's amazing how fast the beautiful leaves change and then fall.



This past weekend was a rainy one. I tried not to be too disappointed. I went on a trip to the eastern end of PA overnight Thursday to Friday. But Saturday I did my best to enjoy the weekend. Rene'e and I drove out to the Cleveland, Ohio area to watch some of a horse show. We knew someone riding and she did well. It was refreshing to be in that environment once again. It was also nice to just travel and chat with my friend.

Sunday was truly a day of rest. We went to church, had a little lunch together, and basically shacked up on the couch with a blanket enjoying each other's company for the afternoon. I baked last night. Banana-nut muffins and apple cinnamon bread. Keith says I'm a better baker than a cook, but insists that he doesn't mean any disrespect by that. He's just trying to tell me that I'm a good baker. Thanks!

I'm off work today!!!! I LOVE DAYS OFF!!! Although I can only imagine the piles of work that are heaping up in the office. Especially since I have been out of the office since Thursday. How do people manage to take week-long vacations? That would be really tough for me. Anyway... what are the plans for today?

Hmmm.... definately going to ride horses with Rene'e. The weather is supposed to be 65 and sunny. PERFECT!!!!! I can't wait!!!! My other idea is to prime and paint the hallway upstairs and sweep the house throughout... but riding will be first! I'm anxiously awaiting notice that it is time for that!

Keith is trying on his costume for tomorrow... I wanted to be sure it fits. It does.... details on that tomorrow... Don't worry. It's not as outrageous as you might guess. Anyone want to take a stab at guessing what he's going to be??? LOL

Ok... on with the day!

1 comment:

Jane said...

I think he could be Count Chocula's cousin- Count Coffeela.