Monday, October 30, 2006

Planning Ahead

I have been trying to plan at least 3-4 meals each week. It seems like we do not always use all of them, but then we are one ahead for the week to follow. Our weekly grocery budget is $40-50 and seems to be adequate.


I do not generally specify which day we will have what. I just like to have the option to choose as the days approach. Here are some of my menu plans for this week:

Option #1: (probably today's pick)

Beef Chuck Roast - cooked long and slow with onion soup mix, served along side baked sweet potato and veggie mix.

Option #2:

Sinful Chicken Casserole - This one has been requested by my hubby, but really breaks my diet in every way!

Mix cooked chicken chunks with cooked egg noodles, dump in a couple cans of cream of whatever soup, some cream cheese, and some sour cream, and some peas and carrots from the freezer. Top with crushed butter crackers and bake.

Option #3

Cabbage and Smoked Sausage. This one is great for dieting! Sauted sausage chunks with onion. Boil/steam cabbage. Then mix together and enjoy.

Join Menu Plan Monday by visiting Laura's blog. She also is passionate about organizing... something most of us can use endless tips on.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That chicken casserole does look good! I love sweet potatoes anytime but they are great this time of year.

Angie said...

That sinful chicken sounds sinful! I copied it to try sometime. Hope yo have a great week!

Anonymous said...

I love cabbage but my family recoils at the mention of it!lol!! Sinful Chicken Casserole...that looks wonderful...and yes, a diet-killer!lol!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

I love cabbage but my family recoils at the mention of it!lol!! Sinful Chicken Casserole...that looks wonderful...and yes, a diet-killer!lol!! Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

That chicken does sound delicious! Cream of whatever and cream cheese always makes everything taste better :) You're making me hungry reading about the sausage and cabbage. I love those two, but rarely cook them together!

Have a great day and a wonderful week!

Jane said...

I am not fond of cooking for myself. I tend to buy a bag of chicken breasts and cook one on the George Foreman Grill. Then I have Chicken and salad. OR maybe chicken and brussel sprouts. My favorite- chicken and a baked potato.

Anonymous said...

Oh that sinful chicken casserole sounds totally yummy! I've made something similar, but your recipe sounds even better!

I have made the sausage and cabbage too, I'm the only one in the house who will eat the cabbage though! I love cabbage, it's awesome!

Sherry

Anonymous said...

It all sounds great. Have a good week

Jemit said...

You are so organized!! Where did it come from? Certainly not home?? hmmm