Saturday, October 21, 2006

I Love Weekends

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.... the weekend has arrived. I got to sleep in until almost 7 AM. Keith got up first, so I got to hog the bed for a while too. He's working today, which on one hand is a bummer because I'm sitting here all alone. On the other hand, I will get to do whatever I want and not have to compromise until he gets home! LOVE IT!

Hmmm... what to do??? I made myself some coffee. Starbucks Serena. It is very good. I had a little breakfast. I don't really like to have breakfast, but I promised the doctor that I would start eating breakfast regularly and what do you know... I feel so much better. She's so smart!

I have the urge to turn on the tv. Hmmm... what would I watch? I really like to watch the Food Network. I don't really cook that much, but I like some of the shows they have. OR maybe I should do an exercise video? But why would I do that when it is such a beautiful day outside? It's chilly at 43, but sunny at the moment. It's not terribly windy, but there is a breeze. I just need to dress in layers and roll with it! If I would hit the hiking trails I would be warmed up in no time! Or, maybe I want to ride the horses today? Riley is coming home from the trainer's today. We have been riding at night. I'm not sure if Rene'e is available for an earlier ride, but something mid-day would be very inviting!

So does everyone have big plans for the weekend? I think I will do some laundry. The house needs tidied badly! We don't have kids... there is no excuse for things being in such disarray! We would like to finish working on the spare room. It is painted, but there is some touch-up painting to be done and I think the window sill too. I was going to put a border in that room. We didn't put borders in any room as of yet because we do not have standard ceiling height. We didn't want to make any rooms seem smaller than they already are. However, we thought maybe just that one room would be ok. The next idea is to find a border that we like, but is not too big. Does anyone have any favorite places to buy borders? I found this one on the internet... I like it because this is supposed to be my "country" room. I wanted to get some small barn stars to hang on one wall... what do you think?

We also need to hang some curtains, put the headboard back on the bed, hang the closet doors, etc. I was hoping to replace the shelving in the closet, but this isn't going to become a priority. There are things we need more than that, so we will wait.

Once this room is completed, we will start on the small room. It is FULL of this and that. We are getting company for Thanksgiving and we may actually need this room by that time -- depends on how much company we get. We are excited to be hosting the Valentine's again. We may also be blending some additional family... some of Keith's family... although that has not been positively confirmed yet. I love the fall family get-togethers!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

About the borders...I like that one alot. Gander Mountain has some really nice country borders that I like too...you know the berry garland, or country stars...Do you have this store? It is a outdoorsman type store, but they also have home decor...maybe you could look up the website...I also like the country outhouses...hehehe. My sister in law has that one in her bathroom and it looks really nice!

Jthemilker said...

I did consider the outhouse decor, but it's more for a bathroom... I've always liked that one! Yes, GM is in Moon. Maybe I'll go out that way soon?